About this Site
The Youth Economic Opportunities learning platform is the first community of practice and knowledge exchange portal developed by and for the youth economic opportunities sector dedicated to:
- Connecting and sharing knowledge, experiences, and lessons learned;
- Exchanging the latest resources, jobs, and funding opportunities; and
- Impacting the world’s 1.8 billion young people.
We offer an open and innovative environment for collaborative and dynamic learning and knowledge sharing around the following technical areas and cross-cutting themes:
- Workforce Development
- Financial Services
- Enterprise Development
- Evaluation & Assessment
Unique features include:
- Making Cents International’s annual “State of the Field in Global Youth Economic Opportunities" publications, now available as an interactive online e-book format.
- Hundreds of resources, including the latest publications, videos, and tools.
- Over 100 global initiatives led by organizations, networks, and projects working to support economic opportunities for young people, including an interactive map.
- Upcoming events, including industry trainings and conferences.
- Youth Economic Opportunities Blogs for leading industry experts to share innovative ideas and lessons learned.
- The latest news & announcements and career opportunities in the youth economic opportunities field.
The Youth Economic Opportunities learning platform is an initiative of Making Cents International, a dynamic social enterprise based in Washington D.C. that has been increasing economic opportunities in developing countries for more than twelve years. Making Cents is known as a source of high quality technical services, and a thought leader in the economic growth arena. Its training, technical assistance, and knowledge management activities consistently improve the ability of target populations - especially youth, women, smallholder farmers, and vulnerable populations - to begin and grow businesses, participate in profitable value chains, access finance, and obtain meaningful work. Making Cents has worked in over 50 countries in Africa, Asia, the Americas and Caribbean, Europe, and the Middle East.
Thank you to our partners for helping connect, exchange, and make an impact on the world’s 1.8 billion young people.
The Citi Foundation
The Citi Foundation is committed to the economic empowerment and financial inclusion of low- to moderate-income people in communities where Citi operates. The Foundation works collaboratively with a range of partners to test innovations with potential to achieve scale and promote leadership and knowledge building in Microfinance, Financial Capability and Asset Building, Enterprise Development, Youth Education and Livelihoods, College Success, and Neighborhood Revitalization. Through a "More than Philanthropy" approach, the Foundation puts the strength of Citi's people and business resources to work to enhance partnerships and help improve the lives of people and communities. Additional information can be found at www.citifoundation.com.
The MasterCard Foundation
The MasterCard Foundation is an independent, private foundation with over $3 billion in assets. Its global mandate is to enable people living in poverty to improve their lives – and the lives of their families and communities – by expanding their access to microfinance and education. The Foundation was established through a generous gift of shares from MasterCard Worldwide at the time of the company’s initial public offering in 2006. Based in Toronto, Canada, the Foundation operates independently of MasterCard Worldwide. Foundation policies, operations and programming decisions are determined by its Board of Directors with its President and CEO. For more information visit: www.themastercardfoundation.org.